One of the challenging things about choosing an advisor is how to figure out if they’re the right one for you. We know you want clarity about what you want and the value of doing it.
For that to happen you need to be very clear about the opportunities you have and problems that need to be solved.
The problem often is you’re confused about what it is you really want. Because you haven’t become clear yourself, it’s hard and sometimes impossible to know who you can trust to help.
We believe that it’s not very fair that it’s hard to figure it out what you want to and should be working on and who can help you get there. We understand and know how hard it is for you to get the right advice because we’ve been there.
This is why we developed a proven system for having a deep and meaningful conversation about what you want to accomplish and the value of doing it. We call it the alignment conversation and that’s what this week’s video is all about.
One of the challenging things about choosing an advisor is knowing how to figure out if they’re the right one for you. We know you want clarity about what you want and we know you wanna know about what the value is you’re getting when you’re working with an advisor.
For that to happen, you need to be very clear about the opportunities you have and the problems that need to be solved.
The problem often is you’re confused about what it is you really want because you have me come clear yourself is hard in most of the times even impossible to know who you can trust to help.
We believe that’s not very fair that it’s hard to figure out what you want to, what you should be working on and who can help you get there. We understand and know how hard it is for you to get the right advice because we’ve been there. Myself in my own particular situation, I have hired at least a dozen marketing consultants over the years and I’ve never been really good at figuring it out who can help me and who can’t, spoiler alert, most can’t and the reason is, is I didn’t need insists that they have with me what I call the alignment conversation.
And that’s what we’re gonna be talking about today. I developed this proven system for having a deep and meaningful conversation about what you wanna accomplish and the value of doing it. Now I call this the alignment conversation and that’s what this week’s video is all about.
So let’s jump right in.
There are FIVE parts of the conversation which are crucial.
- Number one, we start with finding out where you are today was getting in the way of where you wanna go so in other words, what’s going on in your life today? What are the good things, the bad things, the things you’re happy about, the things that you’re not happy about.
- We then go in step two, where we asked you to dream a little bit and what dreaming means, I want you to go out three to five years and I want you to think about what has to happen during that timeframe between today in three to five years for you to feel like you’ve been successful, both in a business and a personal basis.
- Number three, I want you to take a look at where you are today and where you wanna be three to five years from now and what’s the gap between the two. There’s gonna be a gap that’s in there and the gap may be a monetary value that you’re gonna pick up if you do those things or it might be a psychic value where your life gets significantly better but you don’t really have a good way of putting a monetary value on it or more likely it’s gonna be a combination of the two.
- Now the fourth step is, you get to figure out whether the value is high enough to start a project that will move you to your improved situation. If you have something that says, well, it’s gonna make my life a little bit better, I’m going to be a little bit happier, I’m gonna make an extra 10 or $20,000 is probably not worth it to bringing in outside advice to get there, just work on it yourself and find ways to help yourself move forward. But let’s say if I get to where I am today to where I wanna be three to five years from now, it’s gonna be worth a million and a half a million dollars, $500,000 new profits. Well, now it has a high enough value for you to think about having other people help you from the outside because the reward is big enough that you’ll get a return but you need to have a good system for how to find the right advisor. But the first thing you gotta do is do I have a big enough value to do that?
- And finally, you get to decide if you want help along the way. Sometimes you will and sometimes you won’t, if the value is just my life’s a little bit better or the value is my life is quantitatively better. Well, you’re probably willing to pay something for quantum better and you’re probably not willing to pay something for a little better. This is true with all your advisors you go through.
Now this is a conversation I have with everybody before they work with me. And the reason I have this conversation so you get to decide whether I’m the right person for you to work with or not the right person to work with. And by the way, you can force other people to have this conversation with you when you’re thinking about hiring at. You might sit down and say, well, let’s start off this conversation and say, here’s why I am today. And here’s what I’m thinking about and here’s where I want to be three to five years from now and here’s what I’m thinking about. So here’s the gap between the two where I am and where I’m not, what can you bring to the party that’s gonna help me get a result that I wanna get? So it’s a really easy conversation for you to lead, you don’t have to have an advisor or an outside person or even an employee lead the conversation with you.
Now, if you follow these five steps, you get to move from a hiring advisors like my marketing people who get no or little results to having clarity about what you want, how to get there and figure out if you have the right people to help.
Now, I would love to have a conversation with you about this process. If you’re interested, just contact me and we’ll set a time to talk.
Now, if you’re not ready to talk, then DOWNLOAD our infographic on the Alignment Conversation you see how it might fit into those crucial conversations you have about moving forward and having a great result for your life and your company.
And this is Josh Patrick, you’re at the sustainable business, thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope to see you back here really soon and while you’re at it, why don’t you scroll down and leave a comment of what you think about adding the alignment conversation to your decision-making process and how it would help you make wise decisions.