I know there’s one thing that’s true for you and the work you do. You spend tons of time at work. Too often there are people in your life who you really wished weren’t there. Too often we don’t know how this happens or what we can do about it.
This week we’re going to talk about the three steps you need to take to have those you love be the ones you surround yourself with at work.
I know there’s one thing that’s true for you and the work you do. You spend tons of time at work. I also know there are people in your life who you really wish weren’t there. Too often we don’t know how these people sneak into our life and we have no idea how to get them out once they’re there.
I bet you would love to get rid of these people in your life who drive you crazy. I even bet that instead you would rather have those around you who you love to be with and add fun and energy to your life.
The problem is you may not be thinking about what the characteristics are of those people and what they might look like. This leads you to feeling that you’re unhappy with your company. You might even think it’s time to sell because of your frustrations. I don’t think you should have to ever feel this way and I know there are some simple ways to avoid this issue.
This week we’re gonna talk about the three steps you need to take to have those you love be the ones you surround yourself with at work and avoid the one’s you don’t want to have in your life.
You know there are three things I want you to think about:
- First, I want you to start with knowing about your core values. And you know, here’s what core values are. Core values are things that are true for you 100% of the time. Now for example, one of my core values is personal responsibility, where we don’t blame and we don’t justify, we take responsibility for what comes along. Every once in a while I have people who show up in my life who are not being personally responsible. They either blame others when things go wrong or they justify why things are the way they are. That drives me absolutely out of my mind. So when it happens I need to explain to that person what the problem is and if it doesn’t get fixed, I need to find a way for to remove them from my company and probably remove them from my life as well.
- So once you have your core values, you get to build your perfect employee and your customer.
- Now I’ve talked about this a lot before in the videos I’ve done, how to hire effectively. And we call this Will do, Can Do, Fit Factors method of hiring or I call the stage two hiring process.
- You know, what you wanna do is you wanna have an analysis method also for not only your employees, but also for the customers you do business with. When we’ve talked about this we’ve talked about hiring or creating the A customer and only selling to the A customer. Now creating the A customer doesn’t mean you’re actually creating the customer, is that what you’re doing is you’re recognizing what that A customer is and why you like working with them so much.
- The next you need to do is you only let your people allow good fits into your company. This comes from your sales staff, it comes from the people that do hiring, the truth is when you have a good fit in your company, it’s easy to work with them. You don’t have to let us spend a lot of time or energy trying to get them to fit in and do the things you want them to do or be the type of customer you want to have. But when you have a bad customer, when you let somebody into your company that doesn’t fit, you’re gonna spend an enormous amount of time trying to get them to do what you want them to do.
- You need to be a bear when it comes to who you let into your company. This is a really big deal.
- Now, when I go about and I talk about niches and I talk about psychographics, and what a perfect customer is, I almost always get push back saying, I need to let anybody into my company who wants to buy something, otherwise I won’t get enough customers. I would say that’s probably not correct.
- If you really think about it, if you let anybody into your company, you’re gonna spend a lot of time working on the customers that don’t fit and the employees that don’t fit and you end up losing money on both those employees and the customers because your putting and inordinate amount of time into that. You know when people aren’t a good fit, it just doesn’t make any sense to have them around. And the other issue is when we don’t have a good fit, we’re just cheating the people who are a good fit, because we’re not spending enough time with them, we’re not spending enough time with them as customers, and the truth is they’re easy to get along with and they seem to not care and I can promise you that’s not true.
- So when you wanna put fun back in your business again, you have to have the right people around you. That means the right people working with you and it means the right people being customers. You might even say you know these are the people I really love having in my organization and in my world.
So I want you to start thinking about who belongs in your world. You’re gonna find that when you start doing this, more of those people automatically show up in your life. And the reason for this is really simple. I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed this before you buy a new car model or get a new car color, all these cars start showing up. If you buy a new Toyota and you were driving a Ford, you’re gonna stop seeing Fords, you’re gonna start seeing Toyotas. Well the same thing happens in your life when you start focusing on what you want, what they look like, what they act like and what they think, those people are gonna start showing up and all the other people will start fading away.
So you know I’ve spent years thinking about why it’s so important to have only great fits in your world. And why it’s important for both your mental and financial health. So why don’t you email me at email@example.com and set a time for us to talk.
If you’re not ready to talk yet, then DOWNLOAD our free eBook on Hiring For Unique Abilities. And while you’re at it, why don’t you scroll down and let me know what you think about letting people you love into your life.
This is Josh Patrick. You’re at the sustainable business. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope to see you back here really soon.